Monday, March 19, 2012

Over the Weekend


We went to a St. Patrick's Day Parade! The weather was amazing and we had a really fun time.
You can check out all of my pictures over on here.

There was this guy!

And this little guy!

And Irish Step Dancers! And of course now my daughter wants to take lessons. :)

Watched a Hurling match (or is it a game? I don't know)

And then we stood in the muddiest field ever waiting in line for Kettle corn. Amina kept saying "Oh, Imma have to clean my shoes off when we get home." Her tennis shoes WERE new. She was not a happy camper, until....

She had her Kettle corn and was out of the mud.

If you look close...Amina has some rather cute flower hairpins. I made those right before we walked out the door.... Here's a super quick how to:
I had this lei leftover from...uh, some birthday party, it think.
1. Cut the string and pull the flowers off.
2. I was gonna use acrylic paint to paint the bobby pins, but, I didn't have time to wait for it to dry. In comes the nail polish. It dried really quick.
3. The flowers have a small hole in the middle, so I just stuck the top of the bobby pin through it and pulled it to the top, I alternated colors.
4. And done!

Sidenote: I added in some ribbon when I braided her hair.





Linking to:
VintageMauve.com
Skip To My Lou





1 comment: