Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Blocked...

Okay, so I finished the dish towel! It took longer because I thought I was going to have to order more yarn. Then one day I was going through a bag that had been living in the car forever and found two more balls of that color....along with a project that I started last fall and never finished. Anyway, I was able to finish without spending any more money. Yay Me!

It was looking a bit wonky so I decided to actually block it. I have never ever blocked anything before. I always wondered if it actually makes a real difference. Well, and I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that kind of "after the fact" work, so if I can get away without doing anything extra.... This time I figured I would give it a try. I had read around the web about it, so I had some kind of idea about what to do....not really :)

I had no idea if I should use a few pins or a lot of pins... I went with a lot. Pinned it to the mattress, sprayed it down (wasn't sure how wet to make it), and walked away. That night I went back and it was dry....hmmmm....I thought it was supposed to take longer, guess I didn't make it wet enough. Oh well, I unpinned it, and couldn't believe how much better it looked. The stitches looked great, the shaped was way less wonky. It made me happy. :)

I think I might start blocking everything now.

I'm a believer!

Here's a sneak peek at what's next....

Another project from this book

**Check out my Link Party Party page to see where I party at!


  1. Hi Micci! So nice stopping by to meet you! I have enjoyed scrolling through your posts and getting to know you a bit! I like seeing your creative pieces too!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    1. Thank you so much for stopping by...Means alot :)

  2. Lovely dishcloth! I was sceptical about blocking as well, but tried it last year for the first time and I'm converted.

  3. The dish towel turned out lovely!