Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pretty in Pink

On Easter Sunday, my daughter looked so cute in her pink cardi. You can't really see it in that picture, but she had a big pink flower in her hair. I was probably as big as her head, so I put it in the back.

It was a simple destruct and restruct project, that took no time at all (my favoritest kind). I saw this flowers in Michael's (on sale for a buck):



I didn't really like the big yellow center....



In comes the glue gun (don't judge my glue gun, I bought it back when I move back to KY...17 years ago), scarpbooking gems (uh, I am not a scrapbooker, but I really like pretty papers and gems), and hair clips (from The Plaid Barn).

First i cut the flower from the stem, then I cut the yellow center off. Of course by doing that there was nothing holding the petals together, so I put a dot of glue between each layer (on two sides). The I used hot glue to glue the gem to the center, and to glue the flower the the clip.








No comments:

Post a Comment